Friday, July 9, 2010

Ella's Fourth Birthday


This is a picture of Ella's Kai-lan invitation. The eyes and hair were the hardest to make - lots of little cuts with tiny scissors!

Her birthday is fast approaching. She has decided to have a NiHao Kai-lan/Chinese themed party. It's really giving me a run for my money! Ella's grandma Ruthie (Chris's mom) bought her an authentic Chinese dress, fashion chopsticks to put in her hair, and a really pretty silk Chinese fan. We're having the party at Grandma Vicki's (my mom) house since everyone who is coming is from the Lagrange area.

We decided on a Kai-lan cupcake cake, finger foods, and I'm making Chinese Firecracker Candied Fruit Sticks for fun. I hand made all of the invitations myself since I enjoy scrap booking. (I make all the kids' invitations myself) I also decided to hand make a huge paper dragon that I'm going to string on fishing line out on the porch. Each child will also get a Chinese take out box full of Chinese goodies, such as chopsticks, fans, Chinese finger traps, Chinese penny candy, fortune cookies, etc. I also made handmade goodie bag tags in the shapes of Kai-lan's friends with the kids' names on them written in Chinese.


My mom and I found some great paper lanterns and a few Kai-lan decorations at the local Party & Card Outlet Store (they have the best selection!) My biggest exciting find was the Chinese take out boxes - they were kind of hard to find.
I'll post all of the pictures after the party (on July 23rd).

No comments:

Post a Comment