Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ice Skating

Last Wednesday I took the girls ice skating at Headwaters Park downtown. We were very exited to go, however, when we got there, the amount of people there already was very daunting. I hadn't skated since I was about 12 or so, so I was way out of practice. The girls had never ice skated at all, so I knew I was in for it : ) Turns out I was right: we kept getting kicked at and pushed by teenagers, it was so busy that we could barely get beside the wall so I could steady the girls, and then Grace fell pretty hard and hurt her knee : ( We only got around the rink once when Ella said "this is horrible!" so we left. I think it would have been much more fun if I had had a chance to practice a little first and it wasn't so crowded. Maybe we'll try again before it closes for the season and maybe then it will be a better experience for the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment